Make-A-Wish Wyoming seeks the best people to fulfill our vision of granting a wish for every eligible child. We invite you to apply to join our team as an intern!
Interns at Make-A-Wish Wyoming have the opportunity to pursue projects across a variety of job functions. Whether you’re interested in doing communications and outreach, raising funds, planning events, digging into policy research or performing administrative duties, we will work to find the right fit for you. Interns collaborate closely with our staff on these important tasks, so you will have the direction, supervision and support you need to succeed. Through this program, interns will develop their skills while gaining valuable experience in the nonprofit sector.
Each internship lasts about three months on a part-time basis (minimum of 10 hours per week):
- Spring: February through April (apply by Jan. 1)
- Summer: June through August (apply by May 1)
- Fall: September through November (apply by Aug. 1)
Job duties will take place at the Make-A-Wish Wyoming office in downtown Casper. Interns are responsible for their own transportation and housing expenses.
Applicants must submit an application, along with a resume and cover letter detailing why they are seeking to intern at Make-A-Wish Wyoming. Potential interns will be selected for an interview based on their application, cover letter and resume.
Qualifications for all interns include:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team as well as a self-starter
- Ability to manage time effectively and juggle multiple tasks
- Proficiency in MS Suite and internet research tools
- Commitment to maintaining discretion when dealing with confidential information
The ideal intern will be a college or high school student working toward or planning to pursue a bachelor’s degree or higher in business, nonprofit management, public policy, communications or a related field. Knowledge of and experience with the Make-A-Wish mission and service population is preferred.
For More Information
Our team is happy to answer any questions or address any concerns that you may have.
How to Apply
Submit cover letters, resumes and applications to Mandy Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Attn: Volunteer Services
236 W. First Street
Casper, WY 82601