The Development Internship will provide the opportunity to work collaboratively with Development and Communications staff of the Make-A-Wish® Wyoming office. The intern will participate in a variety of activities including writing, researching, event planning support and database entry. This internship offers hands-on experience.
This is a part-time (15 hours/week) internship role at the Make-A-Wish Wyoming office in Casper, Wyoming, from May to August depending on applicant's availability. Students are responsible for their own transportation and housing expenses for the summer.
Qualifications: Two internships available per semester. Applicants will be selected for an interview based on their cover letter and resume. Specific qualifications include:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Digitally savvy - online/social/mobile
- Self-starter with initiative and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize multiple tasks
- Proficiency in MS Suite and internet research tools
- Ability to maintain discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop preferred, although not required
- Assist with event and auction coordination activities
- Produce donor acknowledgements and other stewardship pieces
- Assist with donor mailings including printing, assembling and mailing packages
- Conduct research and outreach related to major projects, campaigns or fundraising events
- Write stories for website, donor acknowledgements and other marketing materials
- Database entry and other database projects using The Raiser’s Edge platform
- Other various department support as needed
- Passion for learning more about the nonprofit sector and the Make-A-Wish Wyoming’s mission
The ideal intern will be a collegiate student working toward a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or higher in business, nonprofit management, public policy or a related field. Knowledge of and experience with the Make-A-Wish mission and service population is preferred.
Casper, WY, United States
For additional information contact Make-A-Wish Wyoming at 307-234-9474 or email Community Relations Coordinator Tess Kersenbrock at email@example.com. Please send cover letters and resumes to:
Attn: Tess Kersenbrock
263 W. 1st Street
Casper, WY 82601